Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

music, shmusic


Photobucket

Due to the holiday weekend and my sense of time being through off by my long weekend this post is short and sweet. I honestly forgot and Tuesday came quickly and this was completely last minute. There's quite a few albums dropping today:




What We Saw From the Cheap Seats by Regina Spektor


NPR is still streaming the album and I think it's her best yet. My favorite tracks are, "How", "Don't Leave Me (Ne Me Quitte Pas)", and "Firewood". She has this way with words and telling stories that makes me so happy, she's one of the most unique artists out there right now. There's also a little 8 minute interview she did on NPR that was fun to hear. I always enjoy hearing artists talk about their work.
You can watch Regina live from New York on Thursday, 31 May starting 10pm ET. NPR will be streaming the show; you can get more info here.


Here by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros


I'm already clapping and having a good time.


Valtari by Sigur Ros


ekkk! what can I say Sigur Ros is what dreams and are made of; my emotional being put to music! It's some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard.



By the Horns by Julia Stone


Her voice is stunning.


I saw this film over the weekend and I loved it! The soundtrack was great. So if you get a chance check out the film/soundtrack. My new favorite old song is "Nights In White Satin" by The Moody Blues. [:




    John Mayer did an interview during one of NPR's segments called, World Cafe, it's about 45 minutes long, but it was cool to hear John talk about some personal growth stuff. He offered more background on the album and how it's different than his previous albums. If you don't like John Mayer it might make you like him a little more, or you might just keeping not liking him... you know whatever. As a fan it was neat to get some context on some of the songs he's written. So if you've got an extra 45 minutes to spare you might find it interesting. (GAH you're probably completely sick of me talking about this guy, right?)


Any albums coming out today you're excited about? I know I've missed something life changing... [: Let me know!


xoxo - c




p.s. Again, I apologize for how short this post is... I'll be back for real next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment