Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

music, shmusic

Photobucket


Ten Stories by mewithoutYou


What can I say? mewithoutYou has been blowing my mind since 2008. [: Lyrically they are one of the best and they're musically so unique and Ten Stories didn't disappoint. It's a concept album about circus animals surviving a train crash. Seems silly, but Aaron Weiss has written about heavy and dark things from the viewpoint of animals and he's done it really well. I think that speaks of his incredible imagination and creativity. I've been listening to this album on Spotify and it's quickly becoming a new favorite.
Drew Beringer did a great review of the album on absolutepunk, so be sure to check that out because he did a WAY better job than I could ever do. [:


The Only Place by Best Coast

I haven't spent too much time with Best Coast's first album "Crazy for You", but I'm really enjoying the title track from their new album, "The Only Place". It drops today and I think it will be a perfect summer album. Fun solid music. 



Born and Raised by John Mayer

This album is awesome, I love this guy. It's streaming on iTunes today and through till the release on the 22nd. I'll give a full review next week when it actually comes out. I've already picked out my favorites and I've had it on repeat since yesterday. yay!



This is a baby documentary about the Newport Folk Festival in Newport, Rhode Island. The documentary is a little over 28 minutes long, but really worth it; I got teary eyed. There's very few things I love more than hearing musicians  talk about music and fellow artists with so much love and respect. Things like this also make me so depressed that I ever left New England. I've put this festival on my list of things to do before I die. I was looking at the line up for 2012 and I just about died of sorrow. It's going to be an incredible weekend. So if you are going to be in the New England area this summer and want something to do July 28th & 29th check out this festival.

More Releases:



Bloom by Beach House
One of My Kind by Conor Oberst & The Mystic Valley Band

iTunes Singles:
 I really like these two tracks, worth the space on your computer, especially with summer coming up. They will make a good addition to your soundtrack. [:

Anna Sun by Walk the Moon <-- free




What are you listening to today?


Xoxo - c


No comments:

Post a Comment