Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

music, shmusic

Photobucket

So there's not too many albums out today that I'm stoked about. I mean... Chris Brown doesn't really do it for me, sorry. Actually nope... not really sorry about that one. I don't like Chris Brown.



Out today: I am excited about this! Hillsong delivers some of the most honest worship music that I've heard. I feel like too often worship music comes across shallow lyrically and I feel like they're pretty good at keeping centered on the purpose of worship. I don't like a lot of "who-ha" [;




Since we're on the topic of worship music... I really love this album, The Loft Sessions by Bethel Music. It's coffeehouse worship. I don't know if that's a cheesy way of describing it, but it has the same honesty lyrically that Hillsong has with a more intimate feeling. I really love it.


Since it's summer time I started a summer playlist with all my go-to summer tracks as well as some ones that are new to me this summer. I titled it, "Summer-y", creative right? [;
I add new tracks occasionally, but it's just a little collection of songs that are becoming the soundtrack to my summer. If you subscribe to the playlist Spotify lets you know when I've added tracks, so that's pretty cool. Do you have any fun go-to summer tracks? One of mine is "My Own Worst Enemy" by Lit. Dumb song... but it's always been super nostalgic for me.




This is a song on the playlist and oh my gosh I love this song! I want to roll the windows down and drive forever. So good... [:



This is another song on the playlist... it feels like summer.


I found this the other day... and since John Mayer is not performing at all for this album I've been eating this stuff up. If I hear of any videos or audio of him doing something acoustic off the new album, I drop everything. [: This man is just so cool... my family and I have his Where The Light Is: John Mayer Live in Los Angeles DVD on about every 2 weeks or so. Obviously I love John Mayer.

My birthday was last week and my family gave me two records:

via (Instagram)
I've heard both albums, but I can't tell you how much better they sound on a turntable. more and more i'm convinced that it's the only way to experience an album. I was blow away. Also the records in the Of Monsters and Men album are hot pink. That just put me over the edge. [:


What are you listening to today?

Xx c

No comments:

Post a Comment