Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

music, shmusic



I suppose by now it's more like tunes-night, right? One day I'll get myself back together... 


July 10 Releases:
  • Electra Heart by Marina and The Diamonds
The songs have catchy beats, she sounds like UK's version of Katy Perry.
  • Uncaged by Zac Brown Band
Don't judge me, but I've been known to like a few Zac Brown Band songs.   
  • Voyeur by Saint Motel
I was listening to this earlier and I really liked the sound... I'll be going back to this over the next couple weeks.
  • In Currents by The Early November
I love the first track on the album, "A Stain On the Carpet".



Nothing came out today that I was super stoked about... so that's a bummer. But I'm really liking Saint Motel. That was a cool find.



This is a new song by The Killers. For some reason I always seem to forget about The Killers til I hear a song on the radio or it comes up randomly on my iPod. But once they pop back up I just get so wrapped up in them again... I'm excited for a new release and I'm digging this song. Brandon Flowers is so brilliant.




Band of Horses is a band that gives my heart wings... I could travel the entire world with these songs as my soundtrack and not have a care in the world. My first listen of this song was just ok... I'm thinking it'll grow on me. Their new album Mirage Rock is set to release September 18th and they already have pre-orders available on their website. So that's cool... and they are cool and it's cool music.

There's a Fleetwood Mac tribute album coming out August 14th and if you know me even a little bit, you'll know how I am deeply and madly in love with Fleetwood Mac. Lykki Li is covering "Silver Springs" and it's pretty good...



However... not as good as Stacy Dupree's cover...






This album is my most recent obsession. I guess the multi-singer, big group, folksie, hand-clapping, "hey"-shouting, and harmonizing type band is really in right now... but I don't care I love it! Unlike The Head and The Heart or Of Monsters and Men, The Lumineers only have three members. The whole album is really great... my favorite track is "Big Parade." "Ho Hey" is the other track that I really love... the video is really pretty too.



Happy tunes-night... haha. Sorry it's so late! 

What are you listening to this days?

Xx c

2 comments:

  1. I really liked that song by the Lumineers! Thanks for sharing your finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited about some of these releases! Marina is one of my guilty pleasures...haha. Definitely going to give The Lumineers and Saint Motel a listen. ALSO I'm really glad you included the Fleetwood Mac tribute, AND pointed out that Stacy's version is better. I'm still kind of upset about that, haha.

    ReplyDelete