Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

music, shmusic


Photobucket

July 17th Releases:
 
Broken Brights by Angus Stone
The Acoustic Sessions (Live) - EP by Kari Jobe
Carry Me Back by Old Crow Medicine Show 
The Ol' Razzle Dazzle by Missy Higgins




Angus Stone has stepped out on his own from making music with his sister Julia for his solo debut, Broken Bright. I love it! I'm actually a way bigger fan of his effort than his sisters recent solo release. My favorite tracks on the album are "Clouds Above" and the title track, "Broken Brights." "Only a Woman" and "The Wolf and the Butler" feel Paul Simon-esque to me, maybe even a little Bob Dylan influence too. The entire album has a nice nostalgic vibe to it; put me in a field with a flower crown and this album.




These girls are so ridiculously talented. I'm just waiting for them to show up Ellen. 



I'm not a huge Laura Marling fan, but I did appreciate the stripped down acoustic feel of this. Even though she's not one of my favorite artists, I have so much respect for her songwriting. So much talent.




A couple months ago I had written about Regina playing a show in New York City and it streaming on NPR.com. Well in case you missed the live stream, you can go back and watch it now! I plan on watching it again. Regina is just so darn cute and her music is magical.




I saw this and it made my whole life... my favorite news of the day! Mumford & Sons is releasing their second album, Babel on September 24th. The artwork, track listing and tour dates are up on their website. I've heard one of the songs, "Lover of the Light" from seeing them perform it live. I'm stoked it's on the album. Cannot wait! This band speaks to my soul. 



Here are some new bands/artists I'm really getting into:


River City Extension

songs: 
"If You Need Me Back in Brooklyn", "Down, Down, Down"


Emeli Sandé

song: "Next to Me"



What are you listening to today?


Xx c


1 comment:

  1. It's about TIME Mumford released a new album! Yaaaay! And I had no idea Angus released his own solo project; OHMYHEART. Will have to check it out asap. PS I totally re-watched the Regina concert when NPR put it up...magical INDEED. Hey let's not ever stop being the best of friends xo

    ReplyDelete