Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

music, shmusic


Photobucket


This week I would encourage you to indulge your ears in two things:


First:
Andrew Bird


My sisters and I spent our Saturday afternoon/night watching Coachella Live on Youtube and we happened to catch Andrew Bird's set; I love this man! His most recent album is "Break It Yourself" and its really lovely. It's such a happy record, it's perfect for Spring time. His style is very unique and I love how he blends so many different genres of music into one. He's been around for a while, so he doesn't really fall into the category of 'new music', but I'd never taken the time to listen to his albums so he's new to me. He's the type of musician that is just a joy to watch play... my sisters and I really loved his set at Coachella on Saturday.



here we go mistaking clouds for mountains.

Second:
Tallhart

"Bloodlines" by Tallhart actually released last week, I don't really know what happened with that. Slacking off on my part I suppose. [;




I saw these guys last year in San Antonio while they were on tour with Eisley. I knew they were going to be good because my big sis had seen them when they went through Lubbock a couple days before I would be seeing them. She had told me how good they were and they didn't disappoint. They had great energy during the show and connected with the audience well. Matt Segallos is lead vocals for the band and his voice is one of my new favorites. I feel like all the guys had great chemistry and they seemed like a really nice group of fellas.
"Bloodlines" is actually a 6 track EP; my favorites are 'Brooklyn Is Burning' and 'Drunk Kids'. About a month or so ago they signed onto Max Bemis' record label Rory Records which is Bemis' new imprint label under Equal Vision. I love the EP, but it's really just got me stoked for a full length LP, especially if it will be created with the help of Mr. Bemis.

I also put together a new mix on Spotify over the weekend: untitled mix: April 2012. I don't make mix cds as often as I used to and it makes me sad. I remember when my best friend moved away for her first year of college and we would send each other mix cds constantly... it was the best thing! This is second best, not as personal but it does the job. I do appreciate Spotify because it's just another way to find and share music with people.


I took this photo in Sundance Records a couple years ago.
(that might be Jessica's arm.)


My very lovely friend Jessica is doing something very cool on her blog this week. She's counting down the days to Record Store Day, Saturday April 21st, by having guest posts written by her friends and lovers of music. Jessica very kindly asked me to write for today's post and I was very honored to do so. Check that out: here. Yesterday's post was a great kick off to the week so make sure to read that as well. If you are not familiar with Record Store Day click the link and you can get more info as well as find a record store near you that is participating in the day; support your local record store!


happy tunes-day, ladies and gents!


Xx christine


p.s. what are YOU listening to today? Do you have plans to go to your local record store on Saturday? 


Afterthought addition at 1 o'clock pm: this is just too good not to post.
  
and understand the throne.
cause if He didn't pay what He had paid I'd undeniably become erased

No comments:

Post a Comment