Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

mason, texas

i've driven through mason, texas more times that i count over the last four years and it really is my favorite little town along the 200+ mile drive to abilene. I would probably rip my face off if i lived there; it's that stereotypical small texas town, but oh so pretty. i drove right by this old abandoned house and i decided to be spontaneous and make a quick turn around. the house is for sale and in desperate need of some lovin'. i couldn't help but wonder what kind of family spent their time here and how far back in history it goes. i was grateful for a lack of 'no trespassing' signs (to my knowledge) and a broke fence. i was able to get super close and take a look inside. 

















 it was a good weekend. i came off of it deeply encouraged by my friends and my sister, and even a few people i met for the first time saturday night at the civil wars show. God has given me a perspective and i don't want to waste it.

the civil wars were really really lovely on saturday night and they put on a beautiful show. their album 'barton hollow' is one of my favorites of 2011 and definitely worth a listen through. 



the leaves have changed a time or two
since the last time the train came through
i've got my ticket and i'm going to go
home



Xx christine

No comments:

Post a Comment