Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012


this morning in church my pastor preached on Luke 2:1-7. One thing he said that has stuck with me all day is that Christ left perfect unity with God to humble himself on earth for us. (or something like that... give or a take a couple words.) i've heard pastors and teachers say something very similar if not those exact words many times before. for some reason this morning it hit me square in the face. the first thing that came to my mind to compare it to was that feeling i get when i wake up on a cold morning and how painful i know it's going to be to leave the layers of blankets that i've willingly trapped myself under. I know it's probably a silly comparison, but knowing Christ left the warmth and harmony of the trinity to come to this cold, broken, filthy world for my salvation brings me to tears. most mornings i grumpily roll out of bed at 530 am cursing the cold and my seven am job; begging for a cup of coffee. all the while being fantastically blessed to be alive for another morning, only because my savior loved me enough to leave His warmth and come for me as a humble child. blows my mind.

alright... those are my thoughts on that; sometimes i get serious. [:

this weekend i did a lot of babysitting. not something i do super often, but i'm always so blessed when i do. saturday graycen came over for a few hours and this little girls joy is so infectious. she had my baby sis and i in giggles a few times and we had such a wonderful time following her around my house. her cuteness was too great not to capture. i took a few shots and put together a short video of her being cute.








my other sister, emily made this wonderful lunch.
here's a link to the recipe for the fries: 
here.

oven baked parmesan fries and sautéed green beans with garlic 




it was a lovely weekend and i'm sad once again it's coming to a close. but after hearing that sermon today i'm going to start praying for a better attitude about waking up and braving the cold. life is too wonderful.



Xx christine




p.s. super digging the album never trust a happy song by grouplove. it's feel good music and i could conquer the world with this album. 

1 comment:

  1. Like the puzzle video! We are doing a super hard puzzle; it is just rows and rows of zebra heads and one small red butterfly thrown in for good measure! It is a very good day if we get 4 or 5 pieces in, seriously. We are wondering if it will be done before the wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete